Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Moving Forward

Nagai Yamiji is available on the English version of DLSite!  Not much to say about that :P

I'm starting plans for a next game.  I haven't really gotten started on the design for it yet, just got some ideas milling around in the ol' noggin.

The idea is for a Sci-fi themed game, the female protagonist will use firearms, as well as hand-to-hand combat.  I also want to include a grappling hook mechanic, which should be plenty of fun.  I also want to make the game more Metroidvania, so more exploration and back-tracking to find hidden areas.  The game will focus more on combat than platforming, which the opposite of what I did for Nagai Yamiji.

While at work I make a sprite for what the main character might look like.  Not sure if this will be what she looks like for sure, but I'll let y'all make comments.  You'll notice the res is slightly higher than before.  I think I'm going to go for a higher res, so that the melee combat will be easier to see and understand what's happening.  The gun is a placeholder, I haven't designed any of the guns at all.


2 comments:

  1. I suck at giving spriting advice without pictures so I just went over the sprite to see what I'd change.
    http://gyazo.com/790dfe81f5cb28b045eecc75f887918e.png

    Take it for what it's worth, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the example! Certainly take some of those changes into consideration for the final version, especially the colors (I'm fairly color-blind XP)

      Delete